Accessibility - Handicapped PatronsShuttle service is available two hours prior to the game for patrons needing assistance into the stadium. Patrons will be picked up from four designated areas throughout the lot 62, 63, and 64 parking lots. For further assistance please call (989) 774-3045. Accessible seating is available. Fans requiring special assistance are urged to make ticketing arrangements through Ticket Central (1-888-FIRE-UP2) in advance. Lots with handicapped parking spaces are 63E, 63W, 62E, 62W and 64. Lots 62E, 62W and 64 are reserved for Chippewa Club members.
Accessibility - Deaf and Hard of Hearing PatronsOpen captioning service is available for patrons unable to hear stadium announcements. All public address announcements will be accessible through a live blog throughout the game. To utilize this service, please visit the Customer Service kiosk at the Northwest corner of the stadium to check out a display device or follow online using your own internet device.
AlcoholIt is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Kelly/Shorts Stadium. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
ATMThere are no ATMs located inside the stadium. The closest ATM is inside the CMU Events Center located north of the stadium.
Camera PolicySmall cameras are allowed. Their carrying case must be smaller than 5.5" x 8.5" x 2".
CMU MerchandiseFor official Chippewas merchandise look no further than the CMU Bookstore. Grab those last minute tailgate supplies from our pregame tent on the Island. Once the gates open, stop in our Chippewas Varsity Shop stocked with the latest gear from the Adidas sideline collection. Our third and fourth game day locations are on the southwest and southeast corners of the stadium where we have a great selection of T's, hoodies and fan gear for 'Firing Up' our Chippewas.
Chippewa PrideWe are honored to be known as the Chippewas and we are very proud of our close relationship with the Saginaw Indian Chippewa Tribe. The mimicking, stereotyping, and misrepresentation of Native American cultures and people are attitudes and behaviors that will not be tolerated. Offensive behavior or insensitive actions are not tolerated at any athletic events and will be subject for removal.
Chippewa Sports Radio Newtork from IMG presented by Fabiano Brothers
Play-by-play announcer Don Chiodo, color commentator Brock Gutierrez, and sideline reporter Jim Costa bring fans every first down, touchdown, and goal line stand throughout the season. Listen to all games locally on 98.5 WUPS, across the state on one of our network affiliates, or anywhere in the world on TuneIn Radio or the Central Michigan Gameday App.
Listen in 45 minutes prior to kickoff for pregame analysis and listen to continued coverage on your way home with a 30 minute live postgame show featuring interviews and a game breakdown.
Follow your Chippewas throughout the week, each Thursday from 6-7 p.m., with the "Sideliners Radio Show" on 98.5 WUPS and the Central Michigan Gameday App. Each show will include coach and player interviews along with details about upcoming games.
ConcessionsFire up with food and beverages! A Chippewa game at Kelly/Shorts Stadium is even better when you satisfy your hunger. Concession stands are located throughout the entire main (west) and east concourses, at Club Level and the south entrance. From traditional stadium fare to local flavors, we know what you're hungry for. While cash is accepted at all concession stands, FLEX Dollars, debit and credit cards are also accepted at the main concourse stands.
ConductCentral Michigan Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during and after the game. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Fans should contact a stadium official or a police officer if they feel someone is not acting appropriately. Fans may also report game day problems, unruly fans, or suspicious activity by calling (989) 774-3081.
First Aid/Emergency Medical AssistanceAvailable next to Section A in the northwest corner of the stadium. In case of an emergency, please contact the nearest police officer, usher, or security guard for assistance or call Central Michigan Police at (989) 774-3081 or 911.
Food and BeverageOutside food and beverages are prohibited.
GatesAll gates to Kelly/Shorts Stadium will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff. Purses, bags and packages are subject to searches. There are gates located at the north, south and west sides of the stadium.
Guest Services/Lost and FoundInformation regarding Kelly/Shorts Stadium can be found at the Fan Central kiosk located on the concourse north of the stadium. If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report it to the Fan Central kiosk. Articles not claimed prior to the end of the game are turned over to the CMU Police (989) 774-3081.
ParkingAll parking lots open four hours prior to kickoff and continue until kickoff. Tailgate lots will shut down at kick-off. Chippewa Club members and season ticket holders can save money by purchasing a season pass for only $40. Contact Ticket Central at 1-888-FIRE-UP-2 (347-3872). Single game parking passes purchased in advance are $10. Parking purchased on game day is $15.
Permitted ItemsThe following items may be brought into the stadium:
• Bags smaller than 5.5" x 8.5" x 2"
• Seat cushions
• Cell phones
• Small non-professional cameras and radios
• Blankets and rain apparel
PetsAll pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Kelly/Shorts Stadium and tailgate area. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities.)
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
• Bags larger than 5.5" x 8.5" x 2"
• Outside food and drink including bottled water
• Aerosol and spray cans
• Umbrellas regardless of size
• Animals (exception of service animals)
• Alcoholic beverages
• Coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans or flaskss
• Artificial noisemakers
• Smoking in the stadium
• Signs on poles or that block the view of other fans or stadium advertisement
Central Michigan University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Items that are left behind at the point of entry are not the responsibility of the university.
RV Parking1) RV's are permitted to park in lot 63W.
2) RV lots open four hours before kickoff. If you are trying to enter the lot during periods of heavy traffic, you may be directed to an alternate lot.
3) The cost for an RV parking pass is $40 for a single game and $120 for a season pass. The cost of overnight parking is $80 for the night prior to the game.
SecurityThe Emergency Action Plan is designed in cooperation with the Department of Homeland Security to keep all fans safe while providing a pleasant game day experience. This is accomplished by all fans being aware of their surroundings and reporting any issues to police or security. Security personnel, trained annually for emergency procedures, are located throughout the stadium. All fans are subject to search as they enter the stadium to ensure a safe and secure environment.
SmokingCentral Michigan University establishes the following tobacco free policy, for all CMU properties, facilities, and vehicles in which university functions are offered or carried out, regardless of location.This includes all CMU sites whether owned or leased. As used herein, tobacco products includes traditional cigarettes, ecigarettes, chew, pipes, cigars, hookah or waterpipe smoking, snus, snuff, etc
StrollersStrollers are allowed, but cant be left unattended in the concourse or areas of the stands. They are subject to search at the gates.
Tailgating/Parking Guidelines1. Parking permits should be clearly displayed from the rearview mirror in order to assist parking personnel in directing traffic. Permits should be displayed at all times.
2. All drivers should be observant of instructions from police officers and parking personnel. Vehicles parked in fire lanes, at the end of aisles and in any other illegal location will be ticketed and/or towed. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Spaces may not be reserved for later-arriving vehicles unless authorized by the CMU Athletics Department.
3. Vehicles must only occupy one parking space. Tailgating accessories may not be placed in any designated parking space as space can be very limited.
4. Tailgating is permitted from four hours prior to kickoff to the start of the game. Tailgating is not permitted during the game, at halftime or after the game.
5. Michigan laws pertaining to the possession, consumption and distribution of alcohol and controlled substances will be enforced. Tailgating may not include kegs or mass quantities of alcohol. Glass containers are not permitted in the tailgating area.
6. The CMU Police Department determines the tailgating area. Alcohol is not permitted outside this area.
7. Drinking games or activities that encourage excessive alcohol consumption are prohibited.
8. Large trucks (e.g., U-Haul-type, over 2-1/2 tons, etc.), vehicles with trailers and buses are not permitted in the tailgating area without prior written Athletic Department approval.
9. Large grills pulled on their own wheels by vehicles are not permitted in the tailgating area without prior written Athletic Department approval. Open fires are not permitted.
10. No animals, with the exception of service animals, are permitted.
11. The use of external sound systems is permitted, but is subject to control by CMU Police. Pre-approved sound system permits may be required. Sound permits can be obtained by contacting CMU Police (989) 774-3081.
12. To guarantee a space or organized tailgate activities, reservations must be made through CMU Athletics at (989) 774-2128
Tailgate Village presented by Fabiano BrothersStarting at approximately $41 per person (minimum of 20) you can have access to a VIP tailgate located by the ponds on the north side of the stadium. Package includes an exclusive tent for your group, tickets and parking to the game as well as a customizable food package. Start your VIP experience by calling a sales representative at 989-774-2128.
Tickets may be purchased on in advance or on game day by visiting one of the ticket booths at the stadium. Game day prices are $25 Adults, $18 Youth/Senior, and $15 General Admission. If you purchase tickets in advance the prices are $22 Adults, $15 Youth/Senior and $12 General Admission. Ticket windows and public will call windows open three hours prior to kickoff. All other will call windows open 1 1/2 hours prior to kickoff. (Tickets for player guests, recruits and high school coaches will not be given out earlier then 1 1/2 hours before the game.)
CMU students receive free admission to all CMU sporting events with their student ID card. The student gates are located on the south and north side of the stadium.