SETTING THE SCENE
• The Central Michigan volleyball team’s final two Mid-American Conference matches are scheduled for this weekend.
• The matches are critical for the Chippewas’ hopes of making the Mid-American Conference Tournament. At 7-7 in league play, CMU is among three teams tied for sixth place in the overall league standings. The top eight make the tourney.
• The Chippewas play host to Eastern Michigan on Thursday (7 p.m.) at McGuirk Arena and then wrap up the regular season at Ohio on Saturday (7 p.m.).
• CMU (15-11 overall) is riding a five-match win streak after defeating Northern Illinois and Western Michigan at McGuirk Arena last weekend.
• Senior Jordan Bueter was named Mid-American Conference West Division Offensive Player of the Week for her performance last weekend. She leads the MAC in kills (4.04) per set. She recorded 34 kills and 19 digs last weekend. Bueter also ranks third in the league with 0.39 aces per set.
• Megan Kern leads the Chippewas in digs with 375 while freshman Grace Butler has posted 963 assists. Buter is averaging 10.47 assists per set, which ranks fourth in the MAC.
• Eastern Michigan is 13-17, 5-9 MAC. The Eagles topped Western Michigan and Northern Illinois last week, both in three sets.
• The Chippewas won the first meeting this season with the Eagles in five sets on Oct. 5 in Ypsilanti.
• Samantha Falco leads EMU in blocks and ranks second in the league, averaging 1.19 per set. Teammate Kelly Ferguson ranks fourth with 1.05 blocks per set, and is fourth in the conference with a .358 hitting percentage. • Jordan Smith leads the Eagles with 321 kills and 33 aces.
• Ohio is 14-14, 8-6 MAC. The Bobcats split their pair of conference matches last weekend, topping Bowling Green in five sets, and then dropping a 3-0 decision against Miami (Ohio).
• The Bobcats have won five of their last seven MAC matches.
• Saturday’s match is the first this season between the two schools.
• Lizzie Stephens has recorded 403 kills to lead Ohio’s offense.
• Macy Reihing leads the Bobcats in digs with 426.