SETTING THE SCENE
The Central Michigan women’s soccer team will play its season finale at home against Eastern Michigan at the CMU Soccer Complex on Thursday (3 p.m.).
• The Chippewas (7-8-3, 2-6-2 MAC) saw their hopes of landing a berth in the Mid-American Conference Tournament go by the wayside with a 2-1 home loss to Western Michigan on Sunday.
• The Chippewas opened the weekend with a 1-0 win over Northern Illinois.
• Junior Lexi Pelafas leads the MAC and is tied for 11th nationally with 12 goals. She leads the league in shots and ranks seventh in the nation with 5 per game with a total of 85.
• Chippewa goalkeeper Zoie Reed has recorded 68 saves, ranking her seventh in the MAC.
• Madison Pogarch leads CMU in assists with four.
• Eastern Michigan is 7-11-1, 4-6 MAC after topping Western Michigan, 3-0, and Northern Illinois, 1-0, last weekend. The Eagles remain in the hunt for a MAC Touranment berth.
• Peyton Davison leads the Eagles in points with 10 (four goals, two assists).
• Kaylin Williams has made 89 saves in goal for Eastern Michigan.