CENTRAL MICHIGAN (8-11) at MICHIGAN STATE (11-5)
Tuesday, March 21 • 4 p.m. • East Lansing, Mich. • McLane Stadium at Kobs Field • WMHW 91.5-FM • Live stats: www.MSUSpartans.com
• Central Michigan will play in-state rival Michigan State on Tuesday in a nonconference game.
• The game was scheduled for Wednesday, but was moved up to Tuesday because of inclement weather in the forecast.
• Zach Kohn, a freshman right-hander, will start for CMU. Kohn is 0-1 on the season with a 9.95 earned run average in three appearances. It is his second-career start.
• The Chippewas won three games in a four-game series over the weekend at Northwestern. It was CMU’s first series win of the season.
• CMU committed just two errors in the series at Northwestern and have committed 20 on the season. Chippewa opponents have committed 39 errors.
• Michigan State went 2-1 over the weekend at the Richmond Spider Invitational. The Spartans’ victories came over Campbell, 3-1; and over Richmond, 13-4. They lost 2-1 to Cornell.
• CMU is scheduled to entertain Missouri State in a three-game nonconference series beginning on Friday (3:05 p.m.) at Theunissen Stadium.
• Michigan State is scheduled to open Big Ten play this weekend with a three-game series at Illinois.