Central Michigan Soccer Academics Central
Courtesy: CMU Athletic Communications
- The Central Michigan soccer program has had unprecedented success in the classroom, posting the nation's highest grade-point average among all NCAA Division I soccer programs for six consecutive years.
- In five of the six seasons, the Chippewas' team GPA was the best among women's soccer programs from all divisions.
- CMU's success on and off the field was recognized after the 2008 campaign, when it received the Dick Enberg Team Leadership Award from the university.
- Central's posted team grade-point averages of 3.62 in 2005, 3.73 in 2006, 3.61 in 2007, 3.70 in 2008, 3.73 in 2009 and 3.76.
- Over the past six years, the Chippewas lead all MAC schools with 24 Academic All-MAC selections.
- In addition to the conference honors, nine Chippewas have earned CoSIDA Academic All-District honors, 11 have been named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Scholar-Athlete Regional team and Shay Mannino was the soccer program's first NSCAA Scholar All-American (third team) in 2009.