CENTRAL MICHIGAN at MICHIGAN
Saturday, August 31, 2013
Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Central Michigan faced Michigan in a season opener for the third time in program history. The Chippewas also met the Wolverines to begin the 1931 and 2003 seasons.
- Junior quarterback Cody Kater made his first career start for Central Michigan.
- Junior defensive back Jarret Chapman’s first quarter interception was the first of his career.
- Redshirt sophomore Alex Niznak made his first career appearance at quarterback for CMU.
- Redshirt freshman running back Martez Walker made his first career appearance, rushing twice and catching one pass for eight yards.
- Senior right guard Cody Pettit made his first career start.
- Junior cornerback Jason Wilson recorded his third career interception in the second quarter.
- Wilson set a career high with eight tackles, including six solos.
- Sophomore safety Kavon Frazier’s interception in the fourth quarter was the second of his career.
- Senior safety Avery Cunningham made his 32nd straight start. He owns the nation’s third longest streak among safeties.
- Redshirt freshman kicker Ron Coluzzi recorded his first career points with a 23-yard field goal in the first quarter. He also kicked field goals of 27 and 33 yards.
- Sophomore running back Saylor Lavallii tied a career high with 10 carries.
- Senior defensive end Jeremy Gainer made his first career start as a Chippewa.
- The Michigan Stadium attendance for the CMU-Michigan game was 112,618, which is the largest crowd ever to watch CMU play.