No. 4 Central Michigan (18-11) vs. No. 5 Bowling Green (22-9)
Thursday, March 14, 12 p.m. | Cleveland, Ohio | Quicken Loans Arena
Live Audio: www.cmuchippewas.com
Radio: 91.5 wmhw-fm; Justin Hoff (play-by-play), Collin Hinman (color) and Matt Kearney (host)
Live Stats: EMUEagles.com | Twitter: @CMUWBBall | Facebook: /CMUWBBall
CMU Hoops Quick Hitters
- CMU is seeking its first MAC Tournament championship since 1984 when it defeated Toledo, 71-55.
- The Chippewas went 6-4 during the regular season versus the seven other teams to advance to Cleveland.
- Sophomore Crystal Bradford was the only player in the conference to lead her team in all five major statistical categories (points, rebounds, steals, assists and blocks).
- Bradford was honored by being named to the All- MAC first team for the first time in her career.
- CMU advanced to the championship of last season’s MAC Tournament, falling to Eastern Michigan, 72-71.
- CMU is 20-28 all-time in the MAC Tournament.
- CMU went a perfect 11-0 during the regular season when allowing fewer than 60 points.
- Coach Guevara is 7-5 in MAC Tournament play.
|Probable Starters (Based on previous game)|
|F||13||Jessica Schroll||6-0||Sr.||21-18||10.2||4.7||1.7 APG|
|G||23||Crystal Bradford||6-2||So.||29-20||15.1||10.1||3.2 APG|
|G||24||Niki DiGuilio||5-8||Jr.||29-19||7.3||2.1||54 3FG|
|F||32||Jas'Mine Bracey||6-2||So.||28-13||5.0||6.0||.466 FG%|
|G||33||Brandie Baker||6-0||Sr.||29-29||8.2||5.8||3.0 APG|
What to Watch For
• Baker is just 23 points shy of cracking the top 10 in scoring at CMU. She currently ranks No. 12 with 1,235 points
• With three field goals, Bradford will tie Betsy Yonkman (1985-86) and Britni Houghton (2008-09) for the ninth-best mark in single-season history at 183.
• Junior guard Niki DiGuilio from deep. DiGuilio has already moved into the top 10 in a single season for the third time in her career with 54 this season. Her career high is 69 in 2010-11.
A Look Back at Last Year’s Tournament
• Bradford, Taylor Johnson and Jas’Mine Bracey became the first three players from the same program to be named to the All-Tournament Team since 2007.
• CMU set MAC Tournament records for the most points scored (362), field goals made (149) and field goals attempted (347).
• Bradford set tournament records for field goals made (36), field goals attempted (80) and rebounds (53).
• Four players averaged double figures scoring - Bradford (16.4), Bracey (12.4), Green (12.2) and Johnson (10.0).
• Bradford averaged a double-double with 10.6 rebounds per game.
• CMU was 1.5 seconds away from punching its ticket to the NCAA Tournament before falling to Eastern Michigan, 72-71, when the Eagle’s Paige Reddit made a game-winning layup on an assist from Natachia Watkins.
Scouting the Falcons
First-year head coach Jennifer Roos led the Falcons to a 20-9 record in the regular season and a No. 5 seed with an 11-5 record during conference play. The Falcons are led by All-MAC second-team selections Chrissy Steffen and Alexis Rogers. The squad won its final three regular season games of the season and advanced to the quarterfinals with wins over Kent State, 76-35, and Western Michigan, 55-53.
Earlier this Season…
The Falcons handed Central Michigan its first Mid-American Conference loss, 84-59. CMU cut its deficit to two early in the second half, but BGSU scored the next 11 points and went on to shoot 66.7 percent in the second half, including 7-of-10 from behind the arc to run away with the victory.