Read the CMU Women's Basketball MAC Digital Preview
Central Michigan (7-8, 3-0 MAC) vs. Northern Illinois (6-7, 2-1 MAC
Wednesday, January 15 | 7 p.m.
Mount Pleasant, Mich. | McGuirk Arena
Live Audio: www.cmuchippewas.com
Radio: 91.5 wmhw-fm; Jared Sandler (play-by-play), Jim Costa (color) and Adam Jaksa (host)
Live Stats: CMUChippewas.com | Twitter: @CMUWBBall | Facebook: /CMUWBBall
|Probable Starters (Based on previous game)|
|G||3||Jessica Green||5-10||Jr.||15-13||11.7||3.0||4.2 APG|
|G||12||Kerby Tamm||5-10||Jr.||15-15||7.1||4.1||28 3FGM|
|G||23||Crystal Bradford||6-0||Jr.||14-5||20.1||11.1||3.8 APG|
|G||24||Niki DiGuilio||5-8||Sr.||15-15||14.7||1.7||53 3FGM|
|F||32||Jas'Mine Bracey||6-2||Jr.||15-15||10.3||9.4||0.9 BPG|
CMU Hoops Quick Hitters
• Crystal Bradford was just the fourth player in program history to record a triple-double with 19 points, 16 rebounds and 11 assists at Buffalo Sunday.
• CMU is off to a 3-0 MAC start for the second-straight season and third time under head coach Sue Guevara. The Chippewas started 7-0 last season, their best start under Guevara.
• Jas'Mine Bracey shot 81 percent (17-for-21) and averaged 18.5 points per game in CMU’s two wins last week at Akron and Buffalo.
• Bradford leads all players in league play in assists (6.7) and rebounds (13.7), while rankings third in points (19.3).
• Taylor Johnson needs just six points to join 1,000-point club. It would mark first time in program history a CMU squad featured three 1,000-point scorers.
CB23 Puts Up First Triple Double
Junior Crystal Bradford posted the fourth triple-double in program history Sunday with 19 points, 16 rebounds and a career-high 11 assists. Bradford joined CMU greats Carla Sterk, Kaihla Szunko and Brandie Baker as the only other players to accomplish the feat. Bradford earned her second-straight MAC West Player of the Week honor on Monday afternoon.
The Chippewas are off to their second-straight 3-0 start in conference play and are doing so in dominant fashion, defeating opponents by an average margin of 17.7 points. CMU has scored at least 82 points in all three games, including 109 in a 26-point blowout of MAC East favorite Akron last Thursday, 109-83.
Beyond the Arc...
CMU enters Wednesday’s contest ranked fifth in the country with 9.6 three-point field goals per game and have hit at least 10 triples six different times this season.
...Its Not All They Do
In addition to the hot three-point shooting, CMU has been a double-headed monster as of late, averaging 42.4 points in the paint over their last five games.
Bracey is a Beast
Junior Jas'Mine Bracey continued her stellar junior campaing last week, matching her career high with 21 points while pulling down 16 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season. Bracey averaged 18.5 points and 9.0 rebounds in CMU’s two wins, shooting 81 percent (17-for-21) from the floor.
With Bradford and DiGuilio now a part of the 1,000-point club at CMU, senior Taylor Johnson (994) and junior Jessica Green (865) haver their sights set on the mark. CMU has had 23 players reach the mark in program history, with seven of them coming under the Guevara tenure. Should Johnson and Green join the club, CMU would become just the eighth program in NCAA history to feature four 1,000 point scorers on the same roster.
Johnson Finding Her Groove
After averaging just 5.3 points per game over the Chippewas’ first nine contests, senior Taylor Johnson has hit her stride over the last six games, averaging 9.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in an average of just 16 minutes per game.