|Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on Michigan State on Tuesday
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – The Central Michigan field hockey team will travel down the road to East Lansing to take on Michigan State in a non-conference contest on Tuesday, October 22 at 3 p.m.
• The Chippewas (5-8 overall, 2-1 MAC) finished the weekend 1-0 by defeating Ohio on Saturday in an overtime 2-1 victory. Junior midfielder Mary Alice Moore scored the game-winning goal at the top of the circle by accepting a pass from senior midfielder Skylar VanNatta off a penalty corner.
• Moore slips into the lead for game-winning goals with three in the Mid-American Conference. Moore (5 G), along with junior midfielder Kaysie Gregory (3 G, 4 A) lead the team in points with ten. The Maroon and Gold have a total of 61 points for the season.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds continues to stay at the top in the conference. Reynolds holds on to the top spot in save percentage with .755. Reynolds moved into first with a 1.98 goals against average after the weekend.
• Michigan State ended the weekend 0-1 against No. 5, Big-Ten opponent Penn State in double overtime, 4-3. The Spartans are 7-8 overall, with a 3-1 mark in conference play.
• The Green and White are second ranked in the conference with five defensive saves and third with 2.20 assists per game.
• The Chippewas will finish up its home game on Saturday, October 26 in a conference match-up against Missouri State at 1 p.m. and Sunday, October 27 in a non-conference game versus Northwestern at 12 p.m.