|Friday Live Stats||Follow Volleyball on Twitter||Saturday Live Stats|
|Friday Live Video||Listen Live on CMUChippewas.com|
Chippewas on the road to continue MAC play this weekend
Mount Pleasant, Mich. -The Central Michigan women’s volleyball team is back on the road this weekend as it heads down to Ohio to take on the Miami Friday at 7 p.m. before heading to Bowling Green for a 6 p.m. contest Saturday.
The Chippewas (8-10 overall 2-4 MAC) face the RedHawks (9-9 overall, 1-5 MAC) to start off the weekend. Miami is 1-5 in the conference this season after splitting its matches last weekend.
• The Redhawks bring an even 9-9 record into the match against the Chippewas, and are an even 3-3 at home this season.
•The RedHawks are led on offense by the MAC's most efficient hitter in redhsirt sophomore Jenny Ingle, who carries a .397 hitting percentage into the match.
• Central will hold a significant advantage over the RedHawks in the area of kills and assists per set, where they rest near the top of the MAC. The Redhawks are ranked 10th in the MAC in both categories.
• CMU faces off against defending MAC Tournament champion Bowling Green on Saturday evening. The Falcons are 8-9 overall on the season and 5-1 in conference play. The Falcons have posted a 5-2 mark inside the Stroh Center this season.
• Bowling Green ranks in the top six of the MAC in both assists and kills per set, but really shine in blocks per set, where they rank third in the MAC.
• CMU libero Jenna Coates has had a stellar season thus far, achieving the rank of 8th in the country in digs per set with 5.60. Coates’ season average of 5.60 digs per set is up from last season’s mark of 4.88 digs per set. This pace puts her within striking distance of the number two spot on CMU’s all time leaders in digs for a career, currently held by Ali McCrite (2003-06).
• McIntyre is currently averaging 4.16 kills per set, up from her career average of 3.45 kills per set last season. This rate would currently place her at second all time in kills per set average at CMU.
• Senior setter Kelly Maxwell is having a strong season, averaging 11.59 assist per game for the Chippewas. Her 3,229 career assists ranks her third on CMU’s all time career assists list. Maxwell is currently 13th in the nation in assists per set with 11.59, and leads the Mid-American Conference in that category.