MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - Central Michigan will host Eastern Michigan Tuesday evening in the final home game of the season. Senior Night recognitions will take place prior to the 7 p.m. tipoff.
The Chippewas are bringing home a road win from Saturday in DeKalb where Chris Fowler led the squad in scoring for the third consecutive game, and also tallied team-highs in rebounds and assists.
The Huskies (5-2, 3-11 MAC) meanwhile, hit just 1-of-14 from long range and had a significant disadvantage at the free throw line as well. They put the Chippewas into the bonus just seven minutes into the contest and sent them to the line a total of 26 times - 15 more than their own 11 attempts.
A win Tuesday would avenge a six-point loss to the Eagles who held the Chippewas to just 52 points in January.
Saturday's regular-season finale will take place at Western Michigan. The game will be televised on STO and ESPN3 beginning at noon.
• THE MATCHUP
Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 • 7 p.m. ET
Mount Pleasant, Mich. • McGuirk Arena (5,300)
• THE BROADCAST
Radio: Central Michigan IMG Sports Network - Flagship 95.3 WCFX-FM, Mount Pleasant
(play-by-play); (color analyst)
• THE OPENING TIP
• The Chippewas return home for one last time this season, hosing Senior Night Tuesday in McGuirk Arena against Eastern Michigan.
• Chris Fowler is riding a string of five straight double-digit scoring games. In the win at Northern Illinois–one game after his first double-double–he led the Chippewas in points, rebounds and assists.
• Saturday’s win was the fifth away from home this season and snapped a 10-game skid.
• THE SERIES
• Central Michigan leads the all-time series 95-84 and has won six of the last eight, falling to the Eagles earlier this season on the road.
• The Chippewas have won four of the six versus the Eagles at home. One of the two losses was in overtime and the other was by a single point.