|Friday Live Stats||Follow Volleyball on Twitter||Watch Live Friday|
|Saturday Live Stats||Listen Live on CMUChippewas.com||Watch Live Saturday|
Chippewas set to continue MAC play on the road
Mount Pleasant, Mich. -The Central Michigan women’s volleyball team is back on the road this weekend as they take on Western Michigan on Friday night in Kalamazoo and then head to Dekalb, Illinois to take on the Huskies of Northern Illinois on Saturday.
The Chippewas (7-7 overall 1-1 MAC) face the Broncos (8-7 overall, 1-1 MAC) to start off the weekend. Western is coming off a split in MAC play last weekend, earning the win over Miami (OH) on the road and falling at home to Northern Illinois.
•The Chippewas will have to contend with the play of Western Michigan’s star middle blocker Stephenee Yancy, who is tied for 43rd in the nation in kills per set with 4.02.
• The Chippewas opened MAC play with a clean sweep of the Toledo Rockets, thanks to the play of Angie White and Kaitlyn McIntyre, who led the way with 12 kills each. The duo were set up by Kelly Maxwell, who finished with 43 assists in the match, a 14.33 assists per set average.
• The Chippewas fell to Ball State in the second match of MAC play, but were led by the play of freshman outside hitter Melissa Fuchs, who finished with a team high 10 kills and two digs in three sets. Fuchs finished the weekend with 17 kills and 15 digs through six sets.
• Northern Illinois comes into the match with a balanced attack led by Junior outside hitter Mackenzie Roddy, who leads the team with 3.48 kills per set.
• CMU libero Jenna Coates has had a stellar season thus far, achieving the rank of 17th in the country in digs per set with 5.29. Coates’ season average of 5.29 digs per set is up from last season’s mark of 4.88 digs per set. This pace puts her within striking distance of the number two spot on CMU’s all time leaders in digs for a career, currently held by Ali McCrite (2003-06).
• Moving up on CMU's all time kill list, outside hitter Kaitlyn McIntyre needs just 74 kills to move past Lindsey Dulude for sixtth all time on CMU’s career kill list. She has 186 kills on the season.
• McIntyre is currently averaging 3.88 kills per set, up from her career average of 3.45 kills per set last season. This rate would currently place her at second all time in kills per set average at CMU, if her career were to end today.
• Senior setter Kelly Maxwell is having a strong season, averaging 11.50 assist per game for the Chippewas. Her 3,155 career assists ranks her third on CMU’s all time career assists list. Maxwell is currently tied for14th in the nation in assists per set with 11.5, and leads the Mid-American Conference in that category.