|Live Stats (Friday)||Follow Volleyball on Twitter||Watch Live Video|
|Live Stats vs. RMU||Listen Live on CMUChippewas.com|
Chippewas to Play Duquesne, Robert Morris and Xavier
Mount Pleasant, Mich. — The Central Michigan volleyball program will look to rebound from a 1-2 start to the season at this weekend’s Robert Morris/Duquesne Tournament.
The Chippewas play the host schools first, starting with Duquesne (1-2) on Friday at 7 p.m and opening up on Saturday at 11 a.m with Robert Morris (0-3). The Chippewas will play Xavier (2-1) at 4 p.m on Saturday to close out the tournament.
All three contests will have a free audio stream through CMUChippewas.com for the first time. Fans can visit the website prior to the start of each contest for a link to the stream.
• The Chippewas received a solid effort from senior setter Kelly Maxwell, as she averaged double digit assists per set in all three matches during the weekend. Her performance at Oakland matched her pace from last season, which saw her ranked 11th in the nation in that category.
• Senior libero Jenna Coates posted her best numbers of the tournament in the final match against Villanova, and was instrumental in the team’s win, as she averaged five digs per set in the contest.
• Sophomore middle blocker Angelique White was named to the Golden Grizzlies Invitational All-Tournament team last weekend after hitting a blister .412 with 45 kills over three matches.
• Duquesne brings back two pivotal members of a squad that finished 22-11 last season, including a 13-6 record in non-conference matches, in sophomore setter Mary Henry and junior middle hitter Arielle Love.
• Robert Morris returns junior setter Hannah Hoffman and others to the hardwood to help freshman outside hitter Arden Fisher adjust to the level of play. RMU finished 4-14 in non-conference games last season.
• Xavier looks to build on it’s strong 2012 season (21-11 overall 10-8 non-conference) by returning key players on its offense, including junior setter Aubree Smith and senior Sarah Brown at outside hitter.