|Live Stats||Follow Volleyball on Twitter||Donate to Dig Pink|
|Live Video||Listen Live on CMUChippewas.com|
Chippewas return to McGuirk Arena to continue MAC play
Mount Pleasant, Mich. -The Central Michigan women's volleyball team will face off at home for its annual "Dig Pink" weekend against Mid-American Conference opponents Buffalo (16-5, 4-4 MAC) and Akron (6-13, 0-8 MAC).
The Chippewas (9-11 overall 3-5 MAC) face the Bulls at 7 p.m on Friday to start off the weekend. Buffalo is 4-4 in the conference this season after splitting its matches last weekend.
• The Bulls bring a 16-5 record into the match against the Chippewas, and are 8-3 in away matches this season.
• Buffalo brings a potent offense into the match, as well as one of the MAC's top defenses, leading the conference in blocks per set (2.84 B/S) and ranking second in opponent hitting percentage (.154%).
• The Chippewas come into the conference matchup with one of the MAC's best offenses, ranking third in kills per set and fourth in offensive hitting percentage.
• CMU faces off against the Akron Zips on Saturday evening. The Zips are 6-13 overall on the season and 0-8 in conference play. The Zips own a 3-5 record on the road this season.
• The Zips rank near the bottom of the MAC in most statistical categories but are ranked sixth in the MAC in service aces per set with 1.27.
• CMU libero Jenna Coates has had a stellar season thus far, achieving the rank of eighth in the country in digs per set with 5.62. Coates’ season average of 5.62 digs per set is up from last season’s mark of 4.88 digs per set. This pace puts her within striking distance of the number two spot on CMU’s all time leaders in digs for a career, currently held by Ali McCrite (2003-06).
• Moving up on CMU's all time kill list, outside hitter Kaitlyn McIntyre needs 113 kills to move past Kaitlyn Schultz and Whitney Evers for fourth all time. She has 287 kills on the season.
• McIntyre is currently averaging 4.10 kills per set, up from her career average of 3.45 kills per set last season. This rate would currently place her at second all time in kills per set average at CMU.
• Senior setter Kelly Maxwell is having a strong season, averaging 11.08 assist per game for the Chippewas. Her 3,290 career assists ranks her third on CMU’s all time career assists list. Maxwell is currently 27th in the nation in assists per set with 11.08, and leads the Mid-American Conference in that category.