|Saturday Live Stats||Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on New Hampshire and Maine in Orono This Weekend
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - The Central Michigan field hockey team travels back to the East Coast this weekend versus New Hampshire (2-4) in a neutral site contest on Saturday, September 21 at 12 p.m. and Maine (3-4) on Sunday, September 22 at 1.pm.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds battled in the cage against No. 8 Iowa and No. 10 Standford. Reynolds had a total of 24 saves between both contests and beat her season-high with 14.
• The Maroon and Gold offense averages 2.17 goals a game, shooting a .245 percentage while its opponents are shooting a .174 percentage.
• The Chippewas defensive unit continues to battle only allowing 16 total goals from opponents in the beginning of the 2013 season. Senior back Simone Lazar, sophomore Anne Middeldorp, and Brengosz have started all six games for the CMU defense.
• Ending the 2012 season, New Hampshire finished 12-8, including a 5-0 mark in America East play. The Wildcats have brought home the conference title three seasons in a row. In the preseason poll, New Hampshire was picked to finish in second.
• The Wildcats return ten starters and 15 letterwinners to its roster. The Blue and White begin the 2013 season 2-4, scoring on average 2.3 goals per game.
• The Maine Black Bears open the 2013 season 3-4 ending last weekend with a win versus Brown 1-0. The Black Bears average 3.3 goals per game and put on 23 this season.
• Maine returns the core of its roster, including four of it top scorers. In the preseason poll, the Black Bears were selected to finish third in America East play behind Albany and rival New Hampshire.
• The Chippewas are back in action on Saturday, September 21 versus New Hampshire at 1 p.m. and Sunday, September 22 against Maine at 1 p.m.