MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – It's game week - Fire Up Chips! Cmuchippewas.com wants to provide fans attending Saturday's Clash at Kelly/Shorts with a few tips and reminders to help make one of the most historic games in Chippewas' history memorable for all the right reasons. A record crowd of more than 32,000 will not only create the most electric atmosphere the stadium has seen, but also will create the need for several adjustments to a typical game day.
• Arrive early – Parking lot access is an hour earlier than last year, now four hours prior to kickoff. Saturday, vehicles will be able to enter the lots beginning at 11:30 a.m.
• Pre-purchase a parking pass – Additional lots on campus, both north and south of Broomfield, have been made available for Saturday. Gameday parking however, will be at a premium. Review the exit strategy map to select the parking lot that provides the easiest postgame traffic route. Parking passes may be purchased by calling Ticket Central at 1-888-FIRE-UP2 (347-3872).
• Allow plenty of time to enter the stadium – Lines at the entry gates tend to become backed up approximately 30 minutes before kickoff. Arrive early to avoid long lines and allow plenty of time to move from your vehicle to your seat.
• Visit CentralGameday.com – In addition to the recommendations located on this page, all game day details for September 8 and the rest of the season can be found at CentralGameday.com.
• No re-entry policy in effect – Working with local and state law enforcement and the Department of Homeland Security to provide the safest and most pleasant gameday experience for fans inside and around Kelly/Shorts Stadium, a no re-entry policy will be in effect for the September 8 game against Michigan State. No fan leaving Kelly/Shorts Stadium during the game will be permitted to re-enter.
• Plan ahead for permitted/prohibited items –
Postgame Traffic Routes
• Expect delays – Fans leaving at or near the conclusion of the game are reminded to expect delays. Egress routes will be marked and patroled from the beginning of the fourth quarter to approximately 90 minutes after the game.
• Remain in the stadium – To avoid long waits in slow traffic, remain in the stadium for a postgame show from both the CMU and MSU marching bands, or head to the Chippewa Athletic Fund tent on the football practice field for a postgame social.
• Review the egress map in advance – Traffic from each parking lot will be dispersed from the stadium on a mandated route to just outside of town. Please review the detailed directions before pre-purchasing a parking pass in order to select the easiest route in and out of town.
• Purchase the right parking pass – Pre-purchase a parking pass for the lot that provides you a traffic flow in the direction you need to go after the game.