MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – Expanded tailgating hours. New tailgating lots. And now, official support for gameday and overnight RV parking has been added this year to enhance the gameday experience at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.
"Pulling up in your RV and tailgating – not only for a few hours before a game but the day before or after the game – is such a big part of the college football atmosphere and it was missing from our stadium," said Central Michigan Director of Athletics Dave Heeke. "We are glad to have the pieces in place now to make that a reality for our fans."
Central Michigan's RV policy allows for overnight parking both one night before and after a game. All tailgating rules apply to RV's while parked on campus.
RV parking passes may be purchased in advance by calling Ticket Central (1-888-FIRE-UP2) or in the lot on game day beginning four hours prior to kickoff.
CMU RV Policy
1. RV's are permitted to park in Lot 63E, 73, 74, 70, 62E and 62W on game days. Lot 63E, 73, 77, 74 and 70 are the only General Parking areas.
2. RV lots open four hours before kickoff. If you are trying to enter the lot during periods of heavy traffic, you may be directed to an alternate lot.
3. The cost for an RV parking pass is $40 for a single game and $150 for a season pass.
4. Overnight RV parking is permitted the night before the game and the night after the game in Lot 63E. RV's must exit the lots immediately the morning after the game. RV's are not guaranteed a parking place in Lot 63 on game day. If you are directed to a different lot prior to the game, you may drive to Lot 63 after the game to stay overnight.
5. There is a limit on the number of overnight RV parking passes that can be issued. Once those passes are sold, no more overnight parking passes will be issued.
6. RV's parked in lots prior to or after games are subject to all CMU tailgating policies. These policies address open fires, glass containers, grills, etc.