|Saturday Live Stats||Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on Ball State This Weekend
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - After snapping a six-game losing streak last Friday’s contest versus UC Davis, Central Michigan field hockey will start Mid-American Conference play on its own turf on Saturday, October 5 against Ball State at 1 p.m.
• In MAC rankings, CMU (3-6) is placed at second in goals again average with 2.28 followed by the Cardinals (5-4) with 2.34. Goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds slides into first in conference rankings in goals against average with 2.22.
• Reynolds currently ranks second in total saves with 66 trailing Ball State’s Shelby Henley by five. The Maroon and Gold hold a team high in saves with 14 against Stanford.
• Junior midfielder Mary Alice Moore ranks first in the conference in game-winning goals with two, but sophomore midfielder Kaysie Gregory made the list tied for fourth after her game-winning goal in overtime against UC Davis.
• The Chippewas continue to improve on its offensive game, taking 9.1 shots a game with a .695 shot on goal percentage. The Maroon and Gold are averaging 1.78 goals scored per contest.
• The Cardinal and White ended the 2012 season 4-14, including a 0-5 mark in MAC play. Ball State returns six starters and ten letterwinners to the 2013 roster, plus ten newcomers.
• The Cardinals recently topped over UC Davis, 3-2 and Vermont, 3-0 in last week’s play. Ball State’s average is 1.78 for goals scored per game.
• The Chippewas will hit the road again in a conference match against Kent State on Saturday, October 12 at 12 p.m. and a nonconference match versus Michigan on Sunday, October 13 at 1 p.m.