|Friday Live Stats||Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on Iowa and Stanford in Iowa City This Weekend
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - Central Michigan field hockey continue its road trip this weekend versus Iowa on Friday, September 13 at 4 p.m. and Stanford on Saturday, September 14 at 3 p.m. Both contests will be played at Iowa University.
• Each of the Chippewas' two opponents this weekend are ranked in the top 10 of the National Field Hockey Coaches Association poll as the Hawkeyes are currently ranked No. 8 in the country and the Cardinal No. 10.
• Junior back Jordyn Brengosz rallied for the Chippewas in the second period versus Delaware (3-1) scoring her first two goals of the season. Brengosz continues to be a key asset on defensive and offensive sides.
• Senior Bailey McKeon and Maude Stalars both found the back of the cage for the Chippewas during a back and forth affair versus Lafayette (1-2) last Saturday. Julianna Makrinos contributed an assist against the Leopards.
• The Maroon and Gold are averaging three goals per game and have a .261 shooting percentage. Starting off the 2013 season, CMU has 12 goals, 46 shots on goal and 25 penalty corners.
• Iowa has started off the 2013 season marking a 3-1 record. The Gold and Black strive in its offensive game, shooting .667 in the first four game of the 2013 season. The Hawkeyes ended the 2012 season 14-7, including a 4-2 mark in Big Ten play.
• Stanford has started the 2013 strong with a 3-1 mark. Stanford averages 3.25 goals per game and has a .203 shot percentage. The Red and White finished the 2012 season 15-7.
• The Chippewas are back in action on Saturday, September 21 versus New Hampshire at 1 p.m. and Sunday, September 22 against Maine at 1 p.m.