|Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on Miami This Weekend
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – The Central Michigan field hockey team will conclude regular season play facing Mid-American Conference opponent Miami on Saturday, November 2 at noon.
• The Chippewas (6-10 overall, 3-1 MAC) finished the weekend 1-1, shutting out Missouri State 2-0 and losing to No. 13 Northwestern 2-0. The victory over Missouri State helped the Chippewas slide into second place in the MAC. CMU is just a game back of Kent State and with a win on Saturday combined with a loss by the Golden Flashes at Ohio, could claim a share of the MAC regular season title.
• Junior back Jordyn Brengosz scored the game-winning goal against Missouri State early in the second period off a pass combination from junior forward Cayleigh Immelman to sophomore back Anne Middeldorp and tipped in by Brengosz. The goal was Brengosz's fourth of the season.
• Senior forward Bailey McKeon converted for the Maroon and Gold with her fourth goal of the season sealing the victory over Missouri State. McKeon scored off a penalty stroke with 8 seconds remaining.
• Mary Alice Moore continues to lead the MAC in game-winning goals with three. Moore (5 G), along with junior midfielder Kaysie Gregory (3 G, 4 A) and McKeon (4 G, 2 A) lead the team in points with ten. The Maroon and Gold have cumulated 67 points for the season.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds continues to hold on to the top spot in save percentage with .750. and in goals against average with 1.79. The victory over Missouri State gave Reynolds three shutouts for the season.
• Heading into the weekend, Miami is 8-9 overall with a 2-2 mark in MAC play. The Red Hawks dropped one game behind the Chippewas after losing to Kent State, 3-1 on Sunday, October 27.
• Miami's Ali Froede leads the offense with eight goals; which is good for third in the conference. Miami goalkeeper Sarah Mueller trails behind Reynolds in save percentage with .730.
• The Chippewas will head to the Mid-American Conference Tournament starting on Friday, November 8.