|Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Chippewas Will Take on Missouri State and No. 13 Northwestern This Weekend
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – The Central Michigan field hockey team will finish up its home games on Saturday, October 26 at 1 p.m. in a conference contest versus Missouri State followed by a non-conference match-up on Sunday, October 27 against No. 13 Northwestern at noon.
• The Chippewas (5-9 overall, 2-1 MAC) were defeated by Michigan State 1-0 on Tuesday, October 22. CMU had many scoring opportunities, including a missed shot off the goal post to tie the game from junior midfielder Maureen Riley last in the second period.
• Senior midfielder Skylar VanNatta was named MAC Defensive Player of the Week on Wednesday morning. VanNatta recorded her second assist of the season on Saturday, October 19 when the Maroon and Gold beat Ohio in overtime 2-1.
• Mary Alice Moore continues to lead the MAC in game-winning goals with three. Moore (5 G), along with junior midfielder Kaysie Gregory (3 G, 4 A) lead the team in points with ten. The Maroon and Gold have a total of 61 points for the season.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds continues to hold on to the top spot in save percentage with .761. and in goals against average with 1.91. Reynolds had six saves in 1-0 loss against Michigan State on Tuesday.
• Heading into the weekend, Missouri State is 3-11 overall with a 0-3 mark in MAC play. The Bears were defeated 5-2 by Miami last Saturday. Hillary Lawless has a total of six goals and Holly Scherer has five.
• Northwestern finished the weekend 1-1, beating Big Ten conference opponent Indiana 2-0 and losing 2-0 to Louisville. The Wildcats are 12-4 overall, including a 3-1 mark in conference play. Wildcat Nikki Parsely has 12 goals for the season.
• The Chippewas will finish up the regular season on Saturday, November 2 versus MAC opponent Miami at noon.