MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - The Central Michigan soccer team will return to the CMU Soccer Complex on Friday, Sept. 20 after finishing a six-game road stint. The Chippewas will take on Dayton at 5 p.m. in its second home game under first-year head coach Peter McGahey.
• CMU (0-6-1) fell to Ohio State (2-0) and Indiana (2-1) last weekend at the Hoosier Classic in Bloomington, Ind.
•Junior midfielder Emily Cooksey broke a five game, 472-minute scoring drought for the Chippewas when she found the back of the net in the fourth minute against Indiana. Cooksey has lead the CMU offensive attack this season with a team-high 17 shots and nine shots on goal.
• The Chippewas featured two different goalkeepers over the weekend. Freshman Heather Laeufer started in net against Ohio State, recording three saves. Senior Grace Labrecque made her second appearance in net this season, tallying a career-high eight saves against Indiana.
• Dayton (3-4-1) is led offensively by sophomore midfielder Ashley Campbell who leads the team with six goals this season. Campbell was named Atlantic- 10 Conference Co-Player of the Week after her strong performances over the weekend. Campbell scored a goal and had the game-winning assist in a 4-0 win over Florida International on Friday and tallied both goals in a 2-2 tie against Wright State on Sunday.
• Freshman goalkeeper Elizabeth James has played every minute in net this season for the Flyers. James received her second career shutout over the weekend when she stopped five shots on goal in the Flyers 4-0 win over Florida International. She tied her career-high in saves with seven in a 2-2 effort against Wright State.
• Dayton head coach Mike Tucker leads the Flyers in all-time wins in program history with a 271-95-6 record in his 19th season. Tucker has led Dayton to 10 Atlantic-10 season championships, eight conference tournament championships and eight NCAA Tournament appearances.
• The Chippewas open MAC conference play when the team travels to Kent State on Friday, Sept. 20 at 4 p.m. The game will be played at Zoeller Field.
Follow Live Stats