|Friday Live Stats||Follow Field Hockey on Twitter||LIKE Field Hockey on Facebook|
Road Trip Begins on East Coast for Central Michigan Field Hockey
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - The Central Michigan field hockey team will start its seven-game road series against Delaware on Friday, September 6 at 3 p.m. and Lafayette on Saturday, September 7 at 2 p.m. played at Drexel University.
• The Chippewas ended the opening weekend of the 2013 season beating Robert Morris 3-0 last Friday, August 30 and St. Louis 6-1 last Sunday, September 1.
• On Wednesday, junior Mary Alice Moore received MAC Offensive Player of the Week. Moore had four goals in the opening weekend, including her first career hat trick against St. Louis.
• Fellow Chippewas – forward Bailey McKeon, midfielder Kaysie Gregory, forward Lauren Jacobsen, and back Abby Roth found the back of the cage last weekend, each scoring their first goal of the season.
• Defensive players – senior Simone Lazar, junior Jordyn Brengosz, and sophomore Anne Middeldorp played all 70 minutes to aid goalkeeper Sadie Reynolds to her first career shutout against Robert Morris.
• Lafayette dropped a 3-0 decision to Iowa to open the 2013 season. The Leopards went 17-3 in the 2012 season finishing first in the Patriot League. Lafayette welcomes back 10 letterwinners, six starters, and new head coach – Jennifer Stone.
• Starting out the 2013 campaign, Delaware beat Ohio 5-2 and lost to Boston University 2-1 in OT. The Blue Hens finished 8-12 in the 2012 season, including a mark 3-4 in Colonial Athletic Association play.
• The Maroon and Gold will continue on the road facing Iowa on Friday, September 13 at 4 p.m. and Stanford on Saturday, September 14 at 3 p.m. Both contests will be played at Iowa.