Read the CMU Women's Basketball MAC Digital Preview
Central Michigan (4-8) vs. Toledo (5-6)
Saturday, Jan. 4 | 12 p.m.
Mount Pleasant, Mich. | McGuirk Arena
TV: TWSC/Comcast Michigan/ESPN3/ESPN FullCourt; Mike Cairns (PxP) and Jacki Windon (color)
Live Audio: www.cmuchippewas.com
Radio: 91.5 wmhw-fm; Jared Sandler (play-by-play), Matt Pocket (color) and Matt Kearney (host)
Live Stats: CMUChippewas.com | Twitter: @CMUWBBall | Facebook: /CMUWBBall
|Probable Starters (Based on previous game)|
|G||3||Jessica Green||5-10||Jr.||12-10||12.0||2.9||4.1 APG|
|G||12||Kerby Tamm||5-10||Jr.||12-12||6.3||4.1||20 3FGM|
|G||24||Niki DiGuilio||5-8||Sr.||10-10||15.0||1.8||43 3FGM|
|F||31||Jordan LaDuke||5-11||Sr.||12-2||4.4||1.9||1.1 SPG|
|F||32||Jas'Mine Bracey||6-2||Jr.||12-12||9.6||9.3||0.9 BPG|
CMU Hoops Quick Hitters
• The Chippewas faced the toughest non-conference schedule in the country according to Jeff Sagarin’s Women’s College Basketball rankings.
• Junior Crystal Bradford is averaging a career-high 20.3 points and 10.4 rebounds per game this season.
• Senior Niki DiGuilio became the program’s all-time leading three-point shooter at Dayton and now has 231 career triples.
• CMU claimed two of the three meetings versus Toledo last season, including 73-66 win in the MAC opener on Jan. 10.
• No team has shot the rock quite like CMU as it ranks fourth in the country with 9.4 three-point field goals per game. The Chippewas have hit at least 10 threes in five different games this season.
No team in the country played a non-conference schedule as tough as Central Michigan according to the Jeff Sagarin/CBN Women’s College Basketball Rankings. CMU played three top-25 opponents, while 10 of its’ 12 games were against 2013 postseason teams.
One Night, Two Milestones
Senior Niki DiGuilio reached a pair of milestones in her home state of Ohio on Dec. 30, becoming the program’s all-time leader in three-point field goals and the 23rd player in program history to score 1,000 points. DiGuilio now has 231 career triples and is two shy of the all-time CMU mark for men or women held by Robbie Harman (233).
More on DiGuilio
The senior sharp shooter is averaging a career-high 15.0 points per game and enters Saturday’s contest ranked fourth in the country with 3.43 three-point field goals per game. She has scored in double figures 10 times, including a season-high 21 in two different contests.
Three-Point Streaks to Watch
The Chippewas have made at least one three-point field goal in all 203 games coached under head coach Sue Guevara. DiGuilio also enters Saturday’s game with streak of 18 consecutive games with at least one made shot from behind the arc.
Back-to-Back Player of the Weeks for Chippewas
Juniors Crystal Bradford and Jessica Green were named the MAC West Player of the Week in back-to-back weeks after showcasing their talents against nationally ranked opponents. Bradford has earned the award nine times in her career, while Green has earned the award twice.
CMU vs. Toledo
The Rockets lead the all time series by a margin of 43-28, but the Chippewas claimed two of the three matchups last season. CMU won the MAC opener at Toledo on Jan. 10, 76-63, and a MAC semifinal contest inside Quicken Loans Arena on March 15, 66-61.