MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. – Central Michigan will host Ball State in the 2013 MAC Tournament quarterfinals on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 1 p.m. after receiving the third seed with a 8-3-0 conference record.
• CMU's 2013 appearance will mark the sixth consecutive year the Chippewas have hosted a first round MAC Tournament match in Mount Pleasant dating back to the 2008 season. In both MAC Tournament Championship seasons (2009 and 2010), Central Michigan won the event after hosting its opening round match at home. Last season, the Chippewas fell to Miami (Ohio) in the title game.
• Sunday’s match-up will be a rematch of one of the Chippewas’ signature moments this season when Nicole Samuel delivered a goal in the 103rd minute to earn a double overtime 1-0 over win over Ball State on Senior Day.
• The last time Central Michigan and Ball State met in the MAC Tournament was on Nov. 2, 2008 when the Chippewas defeated the Cardinals, 1-0, in a quarterfinal match-up in Mount Pleasant.
• Senior defender Estee Outcalt received MAC All-Tournament honors in 2012 after the CMU defense held its opponents to two goals in three games.
• The highest remaining seed following Sunday’s first round action will host the two semifinal matches and the championship match. Should the Chippewas win, they would play the winner of the No. 2 Miami (Ohio) vs. No. 7 Northern Illinois match with the site to be determined.
Follow Live Stats